Careers at Genest
Genest Concrete, a family-owned business located in Sanford, Maine, began manufacturing concrete products in 1927. Today, Genest is recognized as one of New England’s leading manufacturers and distributors of concrete blocks, architectural masonry, paving & wall stones, and the new Comfort Block masonry wall systems. An industry leader in low-carbon concrete, Genest is committed to practicing sustainable manufacturing and lowering the environmental impact of concrete products. Genest also has three Maine landscape and masonry supply stores selling manufactured products, natural stone, tools, and much more in Biddeford, Sanford, and Windham. With less than 100 employees, you are not just a number when you work here. Genest is always looking for dedicated, hard workers to add to the team.
Why Work with Our Team? We Provide:
- Full Medical package: Health, Dental, Vision
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Family Leave
- Retail Center Discounts
- 401(k) with match and profit sharing
- Company advancement opportunities
- Vibrant Culture
- Supportive Work/Life balance environment
- Family-run business who care about their employees
- Fun Summer BBQs
- Low Turnover
“I’ve been working here for 15 years, I have stayed for multiple reasons. I feel good after accomplishing a day of production; and I like the people I work for and with.”
“I love my schedule and our 401K profit sharing benefit!”
Genest Concrete is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Current Open Positions
Machine Operator (Sanford, ME)
Do you want to be part of team that produces concrete products and learn how to produce concrete products?
We worked through a global pandemic and did NOT close our doors or stop production!!
SUMMARY: Safely assist with the daily operations of concrete manufacturing plants & departments as needed; responsible for achieving concrete production goals of EFFICIENCY, QUALITY, and SAFETY
- Monitor cleanliness of the machines and the surrounding areas
- Monitor product and wrapping quality to assure standards are met
- Safely assist with operations of concrete manufacturing equipment
- Assist with operating a rolling conveyor
- Assist with loading and unloading product
- Build & repair wooden pallets
- Assist with organizing yard inventory
- Other related duties as required in various plants
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ability to stand for the duration of your shift
- Physical strength and endurance to repeatedly lift product
- Safety focused with a production mindset
- Prior experience with tools, machines, welding desired
WHAT CAN YOU BRING TO GENEST?
- You can problem-solve and mechanically troubleshoot
- You can communicate well; both written and verbal
- You are highly reliable and punctual
- You are able to think outside the box
- You are a team player!
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $18.00 – $21.00 hourly (DOE)
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 1st shift
Manufacturing Mechanic (Sanford, ME)
- Assist with implementing measures to improve: production methods, equipment performance, equipment repair, diagnoses of malfunctions, quality of the product, and preventative maintenance programs
- Work closely with staff to optimize process and meet production targets
- Assist Supervisor to address inventory volumes and production planning
- Engage in dismantling, assembling, and installing equipment, parts, and machinery
- Observe mechanical equipment to determine the cause of trouble and appropriate repair solutions
- Understand policies and OSHA safety regulations to ensure compliance and a safe work environment.
- Build a sound working knowledge of mold components in terms of maintenance, tolerances, and function
- Assist with overseeing efforts to identify and implement improvements in areas such as: safety, morale, equipment, processes, and quality
- Assist with providing guidance, coaching, and promoting retention
- Due to the nature of business and production; filling in and operating in other areas is reasonable to expect
- An educational background is highly desired in engineering, concrete industry, management, or related field.
- Technical or Vocational school certification desired
- Experience in concrete manufacturing is highly desired
- Exceptional skills with electrical, mechanical, and welding
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA and safety procedures
- Possess an understanding of concrete production and/or similar manufacturing
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions and manuals step by step
- Possess computer skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess mechanical knowledge – plant-related equipment a plus
- Value a commitment to team concepts
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $19.00-24.00 hourly (DOE)
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 1st shift, occasional Saturday may be required.
Forklift Operator/Yard Associate (Sanford, Windham, and Biddeford, ME)
SUMMARY: Safely operate a diesel or electric Powered Industrial Truck equipped with forklift to lift, stack, move, load and unload products, equipment, or materials. Assist customers with the loading and unloading of their vehicles. Maintain retail yard and assist customers and Retail Associates as required.
HIRING IN SANFORD, WINDHAM & BIDDEFORD LOCATIONS!
WHAT YOUR DAILY TASKS WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Safely operate forklift (Toyota or Linde – electric model)
- Perform pre-operations and post-operations checks of forklift
- Perform preventative maintenance checks for forklift as required
- Build, organize, and package customer orders
- Load customer vehicles and/or trailers with the use of a forklift
- Review and verify all orders, bill of sales, and other paperwork before loading materials
- Load and unload company tractor trailer and delivery trucks
- Assist with maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the yard
- Safely transport and systemize palletized items, hardscape materials, and other retail items
- Assist with inventory control and cycle counts of materials and merchandise
- Manually move, load, unload, and stack concrete blocks, pavers, retail merchandise, and other materials
- Assist Retail Sales Associates as necessary
- Mend and/or restore wooden pallets
- Move/Lift materials 75-100lbs
- Attend to customers in a timely, professional, and courteous manner
- Perform housekeeping tasks and/or duties as required such as: sweeping, cleaning common areas, snow removal, painting, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE COMPANY:
- An optimistic attitude and ability to follow direction
- Exhibit punctuality, dependability, and reliability
- Relative experience in landscaping or masonry is an advantage
- Ability to multitask and work diligently
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and 4 seasons
- Basic math, written, and verbal communication skills
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $17 – $20 an hour
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, Day Shift (and Saturdays in the summer)
You must be logged in to post a comment.